Subject: xterm prob
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/1998 14:34:08
I have a working NetBSD/i386 1.3 computer and copied all the base
files and X onto another computer (that was running NetBSD/i386
1.3_BETA). I run xdm and log in - so far so good, I get the xterm
appearing. But then - I don't know!

xclock &	OK
xcalc &		OK
xbiff &		OK
xterm		OK

but

xterm &		leads to

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xdm error (pid 177): Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 1536

The main difference between the 2 computers is that the working one
runs XF86_SVGA and the broken one runs XF86_S3. I can happily xterm&
on the broken one to the display of the working one.

I am confused and don't know where to look!

Patrick