Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD 1.3 on Gateway Solo 9100
To: Allan E. Strand <astrand@linum.cofc.edu>
From: Deng Hongwei <dhongwei@sz.cei.gov.cn>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/1998 13:37:28
> Allan E. Strand wrote:
> >
> > The second problem is that the boot process hangs at the ep1 device
> > "stage".  I have re-installed my 3com 3c589d ethernet card and it
> > seems to have been successfully probed, but the boot hangs here and
> > goes no further, no panic nothing.  The message is:
> >
> > ep1 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x330-0x33f: 3Com 3C589 Ethernet
> > ep1: MAC address 00:60:08:8a:68:d3
> >
> > and that's it.  Does anyone have any perspectives?

 I got the same problem with 3c589D on IBM TP755CX laptop. Perhaps you can
 try to disable all LPT* using BIOS, then try installing it again, if you
 got any message like 'stray interrupt 7', just disregard it , I think you
 will successfully install NetBSD 1.3 now, and yes, the problem is still a
 problem although.

 Please tell me the io ports and irqs using by LPT0-LPT2 in your hardware
 setting and the messages you now get.