Subject: Re: Linux Navigator 4 crashes in 1.3
To: Matthias Scheler <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: William O Ferry <WOFerry+@CMU.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/1998 21:53:04
Excerpts from internet.computing.netbsd.port-i386: 15-Jan-98 Re: Linux
Navigator 4 crash.. by Matthias Scheler@lyssa.o
> > Why not use the BSDI version?
>
> The Linux version supports plug ins.

    Actually, I was just wondering about this.  What is required to get
plugins to work on Linux NS 4.04?  I'm trying to get the UMich Kerberos
Plugin to work, and I keep getting the error:
ERROR: File not found
Cant load plugin /home/woferry/.netscape/plugins/npkrb4.so.1.3. Ignored.

    I have the newest linux_lib and linux_devel in /emul/linux.  I built
and tested the plugin on a linux box (everything worked fine on the
linux box), and copied over the extra libs that should be necessary
(i.e. krb, des, and com_err).  I tried doing a ktrace on Netscape to
figure out what it's doing, but it seemed to get stuck in a SIGALRM loop
when being ktraced (it works normally when not ktraced, just doesn't
open the plugin).

    Do I need extra binaries or libraries for plugins to work?  Do they
work at all under Linux emulation?

    Thanks in advance.

                                                          Will Ferry

 William O Ferry  <woferry@CMU.EDU> | finger: woferry@Warp.RES.CMU.EDU