Subject: Re: Linux Navigator 4 crashes in 1.3
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/1998 12:46:12
At 10:16 15.01.98 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 08:45:32 +0100
> Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de> wrote:
>
> > >Why not use the BSDI version?
> >
> > Hmmm... Would that "just work" or would I need a bunch of shared libs?
> > (Where would I get those from?)
>
>It Just Works... no shlibs needed.  I'm using it on my laptop.

Ok...

While the Java & JavaScript parts seem to be less stable than with the 4.04
Linux port (repeatable crash on some Swing page until I switched off Java),
it seems to me that 4.04 BSDI on 1.3 is quite a bit faster than 4.04 Linux
on 1.2.1.

What options are needed (besides COMPAT_NOMID) for BSDI compatibility?

	hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg