Subject: Re: RAID systems under NetBSD?
To: Nate Bohlmann <njb@elfwerks.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/1998 14:16:59
>  First of all, thanks for your help on the PPP problem.  Now I have a
>question about RAID systems under NetBSD,  namely, can it be done?
>Are there any RAID systems supported under NetBSD at all or am I out
>of luck if I want to run one?

Software "raid" is supported via the ccd driver.  It will do mirroring
and striping (but not parity).  It works quite well, and can give very
high throughput with striping.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.