Subject: Re: FreeBSD JDK 1.1.5
To: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/1998 08:50:27
At 11:55 14.01.98 +0000, Scott Telford wrote:
>I tried out the recent FreeBSD port of JDK 1.1.5 (at ftp.freebsd.org in
>/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/jdk115 or ftp16.ba.best.com in /pub/bofh/, may be
>in a more official place by now) last night and it seems to work quite
>well on NetBSD/i386 1.2. It comes with a LessTif libXm.so, so the AWT
>fonts and widgets may be a little screwy.

Sounds interesting! I've been running the L*nux JDK 1.1.3 for some time,
but it looks as if the development efforts have stalled for some reason or
other. The mailing list is mainly engaged in vanilla java problems and
religious (license) issues.

>Of course, you need some FreeBSD shared libs and ld.so - I can put the
>necessary stuff up for FTP if anyone's interested.

Please do!

	hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg