Subject: Re: laptop suspend/resume
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 16:54:47
> "Robert.V.Baron" writes:
> > I have 1.3 running on an IBM 701C with a 3com 3c589 ethernet.  I first
> > ifconfig'ed ep1 down,
>
> ep1??? Do you really have another ethernet adapter, or are you having
> some serious problems with PCMCIA configuration?

He probably has both
	ep0 at isa? ....
and
	ep* at pcmcia?

configured into his kernel..

Try booting a 1.3 GENERIC or INSTALL kernel on your 701c some time..

> > then I did a suspend/resume and when the system
> > came back, I typed pwd.  The system took a long time to respond.
>
> I've had the same problem on my 701C. Don't know why.

ok, so "spinup roulette" is happening on three different 701's.  Wish
i had time to go seriously investigate the deltas in the wd driver
because this worked perfectly on 1.2G+jtk pcmcia in the pre-atapi
days..

				- Bill