Subject: Is the 1.3 PPP broken?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nate Bohlmann <njb@elfwerks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 12:22:17
Hi folks,
  I'm not sure if I'm just being stupid here or there's something
seriously wrong.  I have PPP connecting to my service provider and
I can ping anyone I want, I just can't do anything other than ICMP
packets apparently.  FTP'ing to the netbsd.org site gives me one line
of the welcome message and hangs.  I have to background FTP and kill
it to get a prompt back.  Telnet does the same sort of thing.  I can
log in but never get a prompt.  I checked the network statistics and
all packets are good through all protocol levels so I'm stumped.
Can anyone shed some light on this problem?  I am running the GENERIC
kernel on a Cyrix 80 MHz 486 if that helps any..

Thanks in advance for any help..

Nate

--
Nathan Bohlmann                                        njb@elfwerks.com