Subject: laptop suspend/resume
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 10:14:00
I have 1.3 running on an IBM 701C with a 3com 3c589 ethernet.  I first
ifconfig'ed ep1 down, then I did a suspend/resume and when the system
came back, I typed pwd.  The system took a long time to respond.  The pwd
program was seemingly read incorrectly from the the disk.  I got errors
when I tried to run pwd that implied it was being processed as a shell
script not an executable.  I copied /bin/pwd to ~ and the new pwd have
the same problem (hence the cached copy was bad).  When I rebooted,
/bin/pwd worked fine, but ~/pwd was still broken.

Is this a bug.

I do not have apm configured in the kernel, do I need it?