Subject: Re: IOMega Ditto
To: i386-port NetBSD list <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 13:30:26
Hello...

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Paul Apprich wrote:

> Use the one that comes with the small card if it is SCSI. there is a
> greater chance of its being supported. It would be viewed by the OS as a
> drmovable hard drive, something like /dev/sdxx

I think it is some proprietary card, but I'll ask.

> > d) Which alternatives may I try? I need to backup a 8GB-harddisk. The
> > Ditto is supposed to provide storage for 3,5-7,0GB.

> Have you considered using 4+ GB magneto-optical disk storage?

Not yet. The last informations I had about those drives were, that they
cost quite some money. I think the same applies for other tape drives,
esp. DAT-drives as Jukka Marin suggested. At least it seems to boil down
to "use SCSI if possible. It's worth the cost." Thx.

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke   | E-Mail: hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de
PGP-Key available | Use PGP! Or don't you use envelopes for your letters?