Subject: Re: Linux JDK 1.1.3 on NetBSD/i386
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Hauke Fath <hf@melog.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 08:21:45
At 08:50 13.01.98 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:13:20 -0800 (PST)
> Nathan Gelbard <gelbardn@3jane.hurrah.com> wrote:
>
> > > The patch (against 1.2E sources) I got then which worked for me was
> >
> > > *** linux_socket.c.orig       Thu Jul  3 20:02:19 1997
> > > --- linux_socket.c    Thu
> >
> > I applied the patch, and everything is working GREAT NOW! Thanx much.
> > This should be changed in the kernel tree.
>
>But is this really correct in all cases?  Should this be done maybe
>only on non-blocking sockets?  OR, does Linux always have these semantics?

The patch that I actually applied issued an additional warning via syslog.
Netscape {3,4}/L*nux quite flooded the logs, but it apparently ignores the
returned error values.

As far as I could see in the last six months, the patch breaks nothing.

	hauke

--
Hauke Fath                              Melog Software GmbH
                                        D-69115 Heidelberg