Subject: Re: Mounting ms-dos partitions
To: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
From: Joel Reicher <joel@aaii.oz.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1998 01:03:45
Grab pfdisk from the NetBSD ftp site in the installation tools for
1.3/i386 and use it to find out what the real values of your msdos
partition are. Then edit your disklabel so that you have an entry for
that partition with type MSDOS. It'll look something like this:

  e:  1247841       63       MSDOS                        # (Cyl.    0*- 1237*)

NOTE: I'm assuming that NetBSD is also on the same disk. If it isn't,
writing a disklabel there might not be such a good idea because I think
the i386 port may write a disklabel in a bad place on a disk that doesn't
have a NetBSD partition.

You should then be able to mount the partition that you specified.

	- Joel Reicher