Subject: Re: Development of a UNIX-wide USB standard API (fwd)
To: Tom I Helbekkmo <tih@Hamartun.Priv.NO>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/1998 10:47:02
> I hate idiots who insist that the only way they're going to let you
> see their web server content is to use frames

Current versions of Lynx handle frames in a way that I find almost usable.
When I go to that URL using Lynx, I see this:

"                                        Welcome to USB
"
"   FRAME: USBNaviBar
"   FRAME: USBSplash.html
"
"   please upgrade to Netscape Navigator 2.0 or better...

... and I can follow the "USBNaviBar" link to get to a page that
contains an imagemap, from which I can select various other links, or I
can follow the "USBSplash.html" link to get to a page of introductory
stuff.

--apb (Alan Barrett)