Subject: Re: X11 distribution with NetBSD 1.3
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Robin Cutshaw <robin@intercore.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/1998 21:29:46
On Thu, Jan 08, 1998 at 01:48:49AM +0100, Frank van der Linden wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 02:36:24PM -0800, David Brownlee wrote:
> > 	     o XF86Setup is not included - previously with xf86 this has
> > 	       made configuring the system considerably easier...
> > 	       In fact I could not find any notes on how to setup X.
> > 	       (I ended up using my old Config & server)
>
> That needs tk/tcl, right? Since that's not included in NetBSD,
> xf86setup can't be either (correct me if I'm wrong; I've never
> actually used xf86setup). Although it is statically linked
> I think, but that still means you can't rebuild it from source,
> from a plain installation, which should be possible.

Here's the host.def file that I use for building with NetBSD-1.3:

#define HasNetBSDApertureDriver YES
#define ForceNormalLib          YES
#define HasTcl                  YES
#define HasTk                   YES
#define TkLibName               tk42
#define TclLibName              tcl76
#define JoystickSupport         YES
#define OSMajorVersion          1
#define OSMinorVersion          3
#define OSTeenyVersion          0

I'm using tk-4.2 and tcl-7.6 so you'll have to change these settings
if your libraries are different.  Note that you will have to use the
static libraries.

robin
--
----
Robin Cutshaw         internet: robin@interlabs.com robin@intercore.com

    "Time is just one damn thing after another" -- PBS/Nova
----