Subject: Netbooting Setup
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Apprich <psapp@terra.cnct.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/1998 01:21:35
	Let me preface my situation. I am rather new to networking UNIX
boxes. Please reserver the flames for later. I had recently installed
NetBSD 1.3 on a 486 system. The ethernet adapter shows up as 'ne2' on the
PCI bus. I see no errors relating to the system startup itself. However,
in preparation for netbooting as  VAXstation 3100 M76, I get the
following messages from the console of the 486:

rarpd: BIOCSETIF: Device not configured
mountd: can't change attributes for /share to Default
nfsd: can't bind upd addr
mopd: BIOCSETIF: Device not configured
mopd: no interfaces

	From a first glance BIOCSETIF appears to be an environment
variable. If so, what would value would I assign it? I am not
familiar with what the other messages mean.

TiA
Paul Apprich