Subject: installation
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Gauthier <jgauthie@www.ctghub.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/1998 23:44:50
I wanted to toy around with NetBSD and have a few questions/concerns about
installing it.
I have to install it over NFS. which means my ethernet card (3c503) needs
to work off of a distribution floppy.  It doesn't with the standard
boot.fs and i don't know if there's anopther way to get my machine to boot
off a floppy and see this card. (i know it's old, so is the machine)

Next is a concern about the installation notes. It specifies the 3c503
ethernet card has to be set at the following to work:
address: 0x250
irq: 9
iomem: 0d8000

However, looking at the technical web page for this card
(http://www.us.dell.com/support/tech/DTA/ELINK2/00000004.htm)
It notes that only IRQ's 2,3,4,5 are used on this card.

I would really appreciate any advice or help to get my system running
NetBSD. I'm currently using Linux and FreeBSD on other systems, and want
to explore others. Thanks!

				Cables To Go
	1501 Webster Street / Dayton, OH / 45044 / 1-800-506-9605
                Call... And leave your connections to us.

                           jgauthie@ctghub.com
                             Systems Analyst