Subject: Re: clock interrupt rate seems to be slow after resuming from hybernation on one of my laptops
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/1998 11:15:42
On 10 Jan 1998, enami tsugutomo wrote:

> I recently got a new laptop and i've installed NetBSD on it.  Almost
> works fine except that clock interrupt rate seems to be slow on it
> after resuming from hybernation (on the other hand, it is ok if from
> suspend or stanby mode).
>
> Normally clockintr() should be called 100 times per second (and
> actually called as so), but after resuming from hybernation, only
> about 18 calls per second.

Sounds like the bios is resetting the clock to the standard DOS value of
~18.4 Hz. Reseting the chip after restart sounds like the right thing to
do.

4.4BSD had "reset" routines for each cdevsw/bdevsw table entry, to be
called after a reset on an I/O bus. Maybe we need to restore them, and use
them to set things up after suspend/resume?

Take care,

Bill