Subject: Re: XKB
To: None <edelcamp@easynet.Fr>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/09/1998 10:44:44
On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 01:03:59AM +0100, Eric Delcamp wrote:
> Bad thing
> I think XKB is broken in Xfree 3.3.1 on Netbsd xsrc.
> With a double check on XKB defines for the server, if you type :
> setxkbmap
> XKB extension not present on :0.0
>
> Yes, i have checked my config file, and also look at the compilation
> process to see if XKB is enable (also in XF86Config ;-)

Bernd Ernesti pointed out to me that, while XKB is compiled in, for
some unknown reason it is not switched on by default, because of
a define in the NetBSD.cf configuration file. I'm not sure why
that was put in there and by whom.

Anyway, what you can do is either start X with something like

	startx -- +kb

..or create a .xserverrc that makes sure the +kb flag is passed.

- Frank