Subject: Re: APM bugs!
To: None <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/1998 23:46:05

A> Greetings NetBSD users:
A> Even with the latest "current" kernel, NetBSD still crashes after sleep
A> mode when the serial device (/dev/tty02)is access from the PCMCIA card
A> on my laptop.

A> Yes, I am very familiar with the "/etc/apm/suspend,standby,resume" files,
A> and in them I have scripts to kill PPP, and ifconfig ppp0 & ppp1 down.
A> However I cannot find any info on how to disable and re-enable tty02,
A> so I do not know what else I can add to those apm files.

A> Does any have any ideas on how to disable and re-enable tty02?
A> Unfortunately, "ifconfig tty02 down" doesn't work.

What you need, alas, is support which isn't implemented yet.  Depending
on the details of the PCMCIA hardware implementation, the card & socket
drivers need to do some extra work on a powerdown/suspend and power up.
There aren't in-kernel hooks to do this yet, and insufficient userland
control to achieve this with scripts.

--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Open up your heart, // Treasure that which brings you joy. //