Subject: 1.3 Installation
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/1998 22:04:00
I did a couple of installations to workstations.  I typically
had to abort out of "a. new install step", when I forgot to mount
the partition with my distribution sets.  I then proceded to go
to step "c. add additional sets" to complete the installation --
which worked fine.

I ran the network configure from the utility menu expecting that this
would set up /etc/myname, /etc/mygate, /etc/ifconfig.ep1 for the
installed system.  It didn't.  How are you supposed to do this.  I'm
looking for the old Configure script.

Finally, the INSTALL doc tells you that the x sets are not automatically
installed.  But it does not remind you that you have to explicitly load
the security set -- that the "simple install" from i386/binary/sets
won't include the security stuff.