Subject: Re: mb_map full
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/1998 22:33:05
>From: Perry E. Metzger:
>> Gunnar Helliesen writes:
>> > Any reason why I shouldn't try doubling NMBCLUSTERS again to 1024?
>>
>> Seriously, no good reason not to if you have enough memory.
>
>I've got 128 MB which on this server is okay, but not quite enough.
>Anyway, I've recompiled with NMBCLUSTERS=1024 and so far, so good.

   NMBCLUSTERS is set to 40000 on wcarchive. :-)

[wcarchive:davidg] netstat -m
27840 mbufs in use:
        23361 mbufs allocated to data
        4457 mbufs allocated to packet headers
        17 mbufs allocated to protocol control blocks
        5 mbufs allocated to socket names and addresses
22441/33460 mbuf clusters in use
70400 Kbytes allocated to network (9% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

   ...you need to relocate the kernel lower in virtual memory before this
can be done, however. I don't know how one would do that in NetBSD, however.

-DG

David Greenman