Subject: RealAudio + NetBSD 1.3
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/1998 00:53:13
Wow.
	I just replaced win95 (aka Cancer) with NetBSD 1.3 i386 on my
P133 box. I'm so happy <g> Good job guys. The install went smoothly!
Cool menus!

	I've got X up, and installed the Linux emul package, and now
have Netscape 4.04 + java running (linux). Very cool. I'd like
to use RealAudio next.

	cat /netbsd > /dev/audio should yield static, but I get
nothing. I've got a SoundBlaster 16, and it worked in win95,
and the kernel comes up with:

sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 7 drq 1 drq2 5: dsp v4.13
audio0 at sb0

Which looks good to me.

RealPlayer complains it cant open the audio device. I have
/dev/MAKEDEV audio succesfully.

Also, I was wondering if there was a good email client (like Eudora)
for X. I've got about 20 'filters'+'mailboxes' in Eudora, and it seems
its the only program I cant 'replace' in X.

Thanx
	Nate