Subject: Re: doom "ported" to NetBSD
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: The Man <scott@lackluster.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/1998 01:06:49
On Sat, Jan 03, 1998 at 07:23:50PM -0800, Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> (Of course this whole thread is absurd -- I play games on a dedicated
> DOS/Win95 machine specifically for that purpose...)

Once I heard about some wild machines that were made specifically to run games
at home.  They didn't crash (often, anyway), didn't require a new patch every
month, and you never really had to worry about hardware incompatibility issues.
And they were relatively cheap!!

That way you could save yourself some frustration and run a real OS on your
computer(s).  Like NetBSD.  :)

--
Scott Smith
scott@lackluster.net

Mail received via UUCP, read with Mutt, and composed with vi on NetBSD-1.2G.