Subject: 1.3_BETA and NCR SCSI
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ernst du Toit <et1@ibm.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/02/1998 07:33:23
Hi

The dead horse rises yet again - my NCR SCSI hates me, again.

I've been running 1.2.1 without a problem until my disk went the happy
platter way. With a new disk, I decided to give 1.3_BETA a try.

I'm running on a ASUS 486SP3 with integrated NCR 53c810 SCSI. I also
have an extra NCR SCSI adapter in a PCI slot.

Installing from tape (I tried nfs too) gets the NCR to fail while
extracting the first few files (from nfs the very first file does the
trick) the SCSI bus locks and the box freezes.

With the tape installation the tape is on ncr1 and the disk on ncr0 - in
both cases (tape and NFS) its ncr0 that locks.

Funny thing is that all the newfs and population form the floppy works
fine...

Anyone run into this one?

Rgds
et