Subject: Re: IPv6 compat?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/1997 08:42:36
On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

: > Is NetBSD 1.3 going to be IPv6 compatable?
:
: There is not yet an IPv6 stack in NetBSD, but the NRL and INRIA stacks
: can be put in without much hacking. One or the other will probably
: appear in a near future release.

Woo!  Does this mean I'd get real (IP-over-IP) tunnel drivers?  <grin>

I take it the major thing stopping this right now is tracking down all the
local "fixes" and "changes" and making sure they are integrated into the
new code....

Do either of these stacks have a notion of "separate" IP4 and IP6 protocols?
Or are they both deepy integrated into the IP4 code?

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price