Subject: Re: IPv6 compat?
To: Melissa Niles <mniles@imtired.selah.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/1997 10:55:24
On Wed, Dec 17, 1997 at 11:25:26AM -0800, Melissa Niles wrote:

> Is NetBSD 1.3 going to be IPv6 compatable?
>
> Is there any place where I can read about IPv6 with NetBSD?

As IPv6 is still being worked on as a specification, it may be a while
before NetBSD (or other OSs) ship with a ready-to-go IPv6 option.
Experimental code is available though, so if you wish to experiment with
IPv6 under NetBSD: several research groups have developed IPv6 code for NetBSD.

You can find more information at
http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-implementations.2.html

Look for 'NetBSD', and you will find 3 different implementations.

- Frank