Subject: Re: pcvt and screen lengths
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: proprietor - Foo Bar And Grill <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/1997 16:30:35
What's the baud rate on your pcvt tty?  Keep in mind that
only baud rates higher than 1200 will draw an entire screen; 1200 will
draw 16 lines, and less than 1200 will draw eight.

Bill Studenmund sez:
/*
 * I've had a long-standing problem with pcvt, which I've ignored until now.
 *
 * Whenever I use vi (and occasionally more), only half the screen gets
 * filled with text. For instance, when I vi a file, the top 16 lines are
 * filled with text. If I type ^L, these 16 lines are re-drawn. If, however,
 * I scroll down the page, the rest of the lines get filled in. Does anyone
 * know why this would be happening?
 *
 * My kernel config is
 *
 * vt0 at isa? port 0x60 irq 1
 *
 * options PCVT_VT220KEYB="1"
 *
 * The termtype is pcvt28, set in /etc/ttys. The only difference between my
 * rc.pcvt and the default rc.local is (besides only having the pcvt stuff)
 * that I start scon w/o the "-H".
 *
 * Thoughts? Am I doing something stupid?
 *
 * Take care,
 *
 * Bill
 *
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
# On the 'Net:  Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
# to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other