Subject: pcvt and screen lengths
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/1997 14:42:10
I've had a long-standing problem with pcvt, which I've ignored until now.

Whenever I use vi (and occasionally more), only half the screen gets
filled with text. For instance, when I vi a file, the top 16 lines are
filled with text. If I type ^L, these 16 lines are re-drawn. If, however,
I scroll down the page, the rest of the lines get filled in. Does anyone
know why this would be happening?

My kernel config is

vt0 at isa? port 0x60 irq 1

options PCVT_VT220KEYB="1"

The termtype is pcvt28, set in /etc/ttys. The only difference between my
rc.pcvt and the default rc.local is (besides only having the pcvt stuff)
that I start scon w/o the "-H".

Thoughts? Am I doing something stupid?

Take care,

Bill