Subject: Re: Wanted: A&T StarLan or Intel EtherExpress/16 users (on -current)
To: Rafal Boni <rkboni@concentric.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/1997 08:49:31
On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Rafal Boni wrote:

: I'm done with the 3Com 3C507 front end, and since I have a pair, am using the
: new driver... What I'm looking for are people who have some time to test front
: ends for the EtherExpress and/or StarLan cards, since I have neither.

I have EtherExpress 16 cards (BNC), but what's odd about them is, none of
them are detected at all by the ie driver.  They must be an older revision
or somesuch; what ID codes would I need to dump, and where in the driver
code, such that I'd be sure the split driver would properly include these?

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== Vierling's Axiom: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted.