Subject: DMA wdc* on VL-Bus controller?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/1997 08:39:53
Hrm, I've got this here VL-Bus IDE/IO controller card, and a spiffy ol'
VL-Bus 486DX motherboard with three of them there VL slots.  The card is set
to have a DRQ/DACK of 3, but the wdc0 shows up as programmed I/O like the
durn thing always does.

Searchin' thru the wdc.c, I discovered that it'll do that DMA thing if the
options is set fer it, so I went on and added "drq 3" to the wdc0 line in my
config.  The box boots, shows wdc0 as DMA, but when the durn thing gets to
doin' the root disk selection, it hangs and is only givin' me a repeated
timeout of "lost IRQ."

So:  is DMA actually sup'ported on this here board, or on IDE in general?

[Ahem.  Sorry for the twang, but I've been around some of my family members
too much this past weekend.  8-]

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== Vierling's Axiom: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted.