Subject: Re: Lab machines - some questions
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1997 11:51:44
On 04-Dec-97 Christofer C. Bell spoke unto us all:
# The idea of CTL-ALT-DEL sending a signal to init is attractive and since
# everyone should be implementing some kind of physical security policy for
# critial systems, some Joe Random User walking up and hitting the sequence
# shouldn't be a problem.

I don't mind at all if this is a feature.. But it should be something you have
to specifically turn on.  I don't want to accidentally shut down my machine
because I hit that key sequence.  I have all kinds of wierd X key mappings, and
I don't like the idea of having a "danger key" that someone could hit, or I
could hit by accident.  If it's something you manually turn on in a kernel
config, or a sysctl... thats more than fine with me.. just don't make it a
default key binding..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html