Subject: Re: 1.3Beta
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1997 10:11:18
You know, I would just like to thank those who are responsible for
sysinst.  Yes, it's imperfect.  Yes, there are plenty of areas for
improvement.  But given that writing installation tools is a (apparently
literally) thankless job, the people who undertook this project really
are to be commended.  It's not fun work, it only gets used once by most
people and then is forgotten about, but it's very important. NetBSD has
been waiting for a decent installation system for a long time, and now
that some people have taken on that task, I'd hate to see them stop
because all they were getting was criticism.