Subject: Re: Lab machines - some questions
To: Ted Lemon , Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1997 16:35:20
Excerpts from netbsd: 4-Dec-97 Re: Lab machines - some que.. Jukka
Marin@pyy.jmp.fi (450*)

> > Hm.   I actually like the idea of Control/ALT/DEL sending init a
> > signal better than I like the idea of it just doing an immediate
> > reboot, now that you mention it.
>
> Please make it possible to disable the c-a-d reboot.  I can imagine
> the users hitting c-a-d without thinking / knowing what they are

One could also have a separate process which communicates
with a special minor device of the console driver (select() or
fcntl(F_SETOWN) -> signal). Could be configured separately
and avoids bloat of "init".

best regards
Matthias