Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3 ALPHA Kernel???
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no, augustss@cs.chalmers.se,>
From: Bill Hodges <hodges@plato.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/1997 15:16:08
Bill Hodges wrote:
> =

> Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:
> >
> > > I found it.  It is too big to fit on a floppie.
> >
> > Oops.  Sorry.
> >
> > > Can you gzip it or use the split command to
> > > put into two files. so I can get it on floppies?
> > >
> > > I sorry I'm so incapacitated.
> >
> > I've now gzipped it, and it's down to slightly over 1MB, so it
> > should fit on a single floppy.
> >
> > - H=E5vard
> The kernel works pretty good.
> It includes all mice but mine.
> All kernels that I build, unlike the one that you supplied,
> fail to load as long as I have the code to load X shared libraries
> in rc.local.
> =

> After adding my mouse to conf/GENERIC,removing WSS stuff,
> I built a kernel that will load and start X.   BUT, only
> after removing the Shared X stuff from rc.local.
> =

> I will test further now.
> =

> thanks
> =

> BIll (soon to be at hodges@oz.net - again)
Well I am not networking as soon as I thought.
It is apparent that either I lost something in the =

translation of the old /etc (1.2.1) to the new one (1.3ALPHA)
or the scripts that I used to get my ppp link to either
of two ISPs do not work.

Is there anything that has changed that I need to compile into the
kernel or has something changed in the DNS area?

The 1.3 pppd hooks up to either of my ISPs but the DNS does
work.  If I ping somebody that it sould find it replys =

"no link found" and of course my Netsape mail sevices do =

not work.

I just down loaded the PPP FAQ to look for something that could
explain my situation.

If you have suggestions they are welcome.

Regards,
Bill