Subject: NetBSD 1.3 ALPHA Kernel???
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Bill Hodges <hodges@plato.ds.boeing.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/1997 22:10:11
I installed the ALPHA distribution as a new installation
on a machine running a 200mhz cyrix to get to a position
that I could build a for the cyrix chip.

After installing I saved /etc/ (disktab,fstab)
the untarred base, etc, kern then I copied disk&fs tab back.

Upon booting i get

wss0 at ISA0 port 0X530-0X570 irq10 drg0, drg2 1isa0: drg1 is not free

PANIC:isa_dmamap.create

It is clear that I do not have any devide at irq10 or 0X530=570

Since I cannot read my NetBSD 1.2.1 boot floppies I am stuck until
I down load them again or find a kernel that will boot.

Do you have any pointers to a kernel that may work?

BTW it would be nice if it were split into sections less
than a 1.4 meg floppie since my net connection is gone until
I get fixed.  Thanks to my employer for an alternate
email / ftp connection.

Thanks,
BIll