Subject: Re: ADSM and SVR4/iBCS2
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1997 08:15:26
On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:

: > However the client is using /dev/socksys, which is not created
: > by the NetBSD COMPAT_SVR4 stuff.

: I assume you mean iBCS2 emulation, it is distinct from SVR4.
:
: All you need to do to get TCP/IP networking to work in iBCS2
: emulation is
:
: # touch /dev/socksys
:
: i.e. it doesn't need to be a special file, it just needs to
: exist.  Yep, that's slightly counter-intuitive.

If you have a procedure for properly setting up iBCS2 emulation, I'd like to
hear it, and I'll make a compat_ibcs2(8) man page out of it.  This is one of
the few emulations that still doesn't have a man page.

I'm getting an SCO OpenServer CD from someone soon, so I'll be able to make
the procedure as "easy as possible" to follow for the page.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== Vierling's Axiom: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted.