Subject: Re: Paralellport ethernet adaptors
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/24/1997 22:17:39
on Mon, 24 Nov 1997 20:48:20 -0800,
   Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

>On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:27:03 +0100 (CET)
> Martin Husemann <martin@laurin.teuto.de> wrote:

[snip]

 > Before I do this - has anyone done any work on any such adaptor? I
 > know of the D-Link DE600 driver for 1.1, anything else?

>The D-Link works, as do several other NE2000-compatibles... the 3Com 3c589
>works, the non-combo Megahertz cards work...

Are we still talking about //el port adaptors, or is the Subject:
lineway out of date?

Martin Husemann was asking specificially about //el-port adaptors, so
I assumed the specific D-link models were parallel port versions.
(I do know D-link have OEMed very different hardware under the same model
number and sticker; perhaps that's the cause of any confusion.)

I wasn't aware the 3c589 ever came in parallel port variants, either.