Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Sijben <sijben@acm.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/1997 21:15:13

>In article <199711221325.OAA01232@gytha.home.net>,

>[I'll take a second attempt for an answer.]
>
>These devices are IMHO no good choice. They are slow, unreliable and not
>durable. And the medias are much more expensive like e.g. DAT or Exabyte
>tapes.

I agree with the parts that they are slow and that the media are expensive.
Could you substantiate the other two claims? If you are right about those I'll
buy a DAT drive :-)

Paul

--
Paul Sijben                 University of Twente, The Netherlands
tel.: 033-4557522           http://www.huygens.org/~sijben/