Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/1997 08:23:06
Is this supposed to be funny?  :-|

There was a large discussion awhile back on why NetBSD wasn't more popular.
You all argued that it had to do with not having a flashy Web page. I think
you all missed the point. Sarcastic jibes at reasonable requestes is one
reason.

BTW, I've asked for this support in the past, and got a similar
response. I have a Colorado 400MB QIC drive that's just hathering dust.

The overall opinion of the NetBSD community, outside of it, is one of user
hostility and arrogance.

You want to make NetBSD a more popular OS. Take on a more USER supportive
attitude.

Just so you know I'm not some newbie blowing wind, I've been running
NetBSD since 0.9, I'm a Hardware Engineer with a little software savy, so
don't react by saying "You write it!" I already tried that once and quickly
got over my head. I've VERY seriously considered changing to FreeBSD or even
Linux in the past, (and have even been told "Go Ahead!" with a "See if we
care!" attitude.) Because I believe that NetBSD is the more superior OS, I've
stuck it out.

(Off Soapbox)

If you really want more people to adopt NetBSD and stop laughing and geering
at our group, let's work to change this perception. In the Real World, the
fact don't matter - Perception is Everything!

Gerry Simmons