Subject: Re: Pentium invalid instruction erratum (FOOF)
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: C Kane <seeSignature@best.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/20/1997 09:49:55
Frank van der Linden writes:
>Correct; Intel contacted the NetBSD/i386 port maintainers.

Okay, I realize this is all a volunteer effort and probably
none of us are getting paid to work on NetBSD... but...

In light of the recent email articles concerning marketing of
NetBSD, and given the reasonably high profile of this FOOF bug, and
apparently a lot of work (or at least several emails) on the issue
by Mycroft, it seems that an official response from NetBSD/i386
and a listing on the Intel page showing that NetBSD is aware of
and has a fix for the problem could do a lot for our marketing.

I suppose that I am just concerned that, in a list of operating
systems that have a fix for a widely known bug, NetBSD has no
presence at all.  I was worried this was due to lack of concern
from Intel, but it appears Intel did the Right Thing and my
worries should be elsewhere?

What can I do to help?

-- Chuck
   ckane @ best . com