Subject: Re: APM problems with 1.3_ALPHA snapshot
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/1997 21:07:25
In <199711181527.QAA28341@vader.runit.sintef.no>,
Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:
> I am having problems getting APM to work on my laptop (a Dell
> Latitude XPi/CD 150), and I would like to know:
> o Is anyone else than me seeing the symptoms I do?

My IBM ThinkPad 365XD also locks up hard and needs to be power cycled
when I run "zzz" or press the suspend key while running 1.3_ALPHA,
regardless of whether external power is connected or not.
I have not tried turning debugging in apm.c.

When running 1.2 and the apm+pcmcia, suspending works fine as long as
the machine has external power.  When running on battery power, the
machine freezes for about 30 seconds with the suspend LED blinking,
then continues operating (that is, it does not go into suspend mode).
Does anyone know why?  In any case, it never locks up completely
like it does with 1.3_ALPHA.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson@araneus.fi