Subject: Re: Nov15 1.3_ALPHA unofficial snapshot
To: None <laine@MorningStar.Com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/1997 11:07:49
> > on Saturday Nov 15 I updated my sources again and did a "make
> > build", and as the last time I decided to cut an unofficial
> > snapshot as well.  The new unofficial snapshot is available from
> >
> > 	ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/i386-1.3_ALPHA/
>
> Would it be possible for you (and also the people who create the
> snapshots that go to ftp.netbsd.org) to include the sys.tar.gz used to
> build the kernel that is distributed? Some of us need to put little
> tweaks in the kernel config.

That would be possible, but I assumed that in this phase if you
wanted to build from your own sources you would be more interested
in just pulling down the latest source tarballs from ftp.netbsd.org,
since they will in general be a few days newer than what's in the
snapshot by the time the snapshot makes it out the door.  Or is
there some specific reason you want the two-day old sources used to
build the snapshot?

The current

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz

was built yesterday, and in the alpha/beta test cycle I understand
that these tar files are updated daily.

- H=E5vard