Subject: Re: make in /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies fails
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/10/1997 03:41:40
On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 22:05:05 +1100 (EST),
 "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@quick.com.au> writes:

[run_prog_or_{die,continue} not defined, snipped]

>So I assume I need to re-build my libs - but make build currently
>dies with

Nope.  The run_prog_or_* refernces are from sysinst. Those were added
several days ago, to add error notification to inferior proceses.
Right now my sup tree has

/*	$NetBSD: run.c,v 1.2.2.2 1997/11/06 00:43:39 mellon Exp $	*/

which has those functions, and it's not a recent pullup.  If you sup,
or get source tarballs with this weekend's source, sysinst should
build.  Definitely not worth PRing.

There's been a lot of work ondf sysinst in the last few days: more
bullet-proofing for different ports' instal environments.  I think
that should be sync'ed onto the release branch in the next day or two.

If you want to *use* sysinst on i386 instllation floppies, it's
probably worth waiting....