Subject: Re: Yamaha sound card
To: None <thorpej@nasa.nas.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1997 21:37:49
On  Thu, 06 Nov 1997 15:32:51 -0800,
   Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:

Jason Thorpe writes:

>Um, actually, I wrote if_ne_pci.c.  Jonathan did do one at one point, but
>it (very incorrectly) used the ISA "ed" driver to handle the chip functions.
>I was actually the one who created an "ne" driver that used the generic

   a) There was NO SUCH THING as an MI 8390 at the time I did that work,
   b) The advice you gave me on how to split it was lousy.
      This ended up causing a signficiant change to what is
      now bus.h, if you care to recall accurately.
   c) You even recently asked to see the patch  I'd written
      I sent you a pointer to it.
   d) I'm glad you did a rewrite of the code.

I really really resent you saying that what I did was done very
incorrectly.  That's just dishonest. Please retract that statement.