Subject: Re: Yamaha sound card
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/06/1997 15:32:51
On Wed, 05 Nov 1997 21:37:41 -0500
 "Michael C. Richardson" <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> wrote:

 >   I think I've managed to properly split the wss driver into ISA and
 > ISAPNP portions. However, I can't get the PNP portions working. I try
 > to bus space allocate port 0x530, for 8 bytes, but it gets denied.

The PnP code does all of the bus_space management for you when you
perform an isapnp_config().

 > isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279: read port 0x203
 > wss1 at isapnp0 port 0x220/16,0x530/8,0x388/8,0x330/2,0x370/2 irq 5 drq 0,1
 > wss1: wssmatch failed

wss_isa_match() should map the i/o space and then call wssmatch(), which
should just deal with pre-built i/o handles, I guess.  Hard to tell without
actually looking at your code :-)

 >   Unlike someone else who responded to me, my card does work under
 > Win95 at the same time as my network card. (Thank you to Jonathan who
 > made PCI ne2000 attachment possible...)

Um, actually, I wrote if_ne_pci.c.  Jonathan did do one at one point, but
it (very incorrectly) used the ISA "ed" driver to handle the chip functions.
I was actually the one who created an "ne" driver that used the generic
dp8390 back-end, and provided the ISA, PCI, and PCMCIA attachments (the
latter was primarily written by Marc Horowitz, however).

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935