Subject: README: "ed" driver gone, new "ec" and "we" drivers!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/1997 16:25:59
Hi folks...

You may have noticed that I've removed the "ed" driver from the tree,
and added "ec" and "we" drivers for the 3Com 3c503 and WD 80x3/SMC Elite Ultra
respectively.

This was done to make the kernel smaller (eliminate dupicated object
code), and provide greater flexibility in kernel configurations.

THIS MEANS YOU WILL HAVE TO UPDATE YOUR KERNEL CONFIG FILES!  See
"GENERIC" and "INSTALL" for examples of configuring the new drivers.

These have been pretty thoroughly tested, and use a machine-independent
chip back-end; I don't anticipate any problems.  But, if you do encounter
problems, please send a bug report with send-pr(1) ASAP!

Thanks!

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935