Subject: Re: Unofficial i386 1.3_ALPHA snapshot available
To: None <sjg@quick.com.au>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/1997 15:54:07
Hi,

not that I know any of this PCMCIA stuff or am able to debug it,
but I think there's a couple of missing pieces of information
that I'd like you to supply as well:

 o Do you know what sort of PCMCIA controller does your PC really
   have?  If I've understood things correctly (I may not have...)
   there are many Intel 82365 clones which the code (or the chips
   themselves(?)) claim to be "Intel 82365SL" or something like
   that.

 o Where does your PCMCIA controller sit?  In PCI space?  If so,
   what is the output earlier on when it scans PCI space?

My laptop has a Texas Instruments TI PCI-1130 PCMCIA/CardBus
bridge sitting in PCI space, which can be seen producing these
messages during autoconf scan:

vendor 0x104c product 0xac12 (CardBus bridge, revision 0x04) at pci0 dev 9 function 0 not configured
vendor 0x104c product 0xac12 (CardBus bridge, revision 0x04) at pci0 dev 9 function 1 not configured

but when it comes to probing it for real, NetBSD says:

pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xd3fff: using irq 3
pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) as sockets A and B

so the PCMCIA controller probe code is probably "to blame" here
(I'm not complaining, it works for me... ;-)

Lastly, what sort of laptop (make+model) is it you have?

Regards,

- H=E5vard