Subject: DEPCM-BA ethernet card (PCMCIA)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/1997 10:16:55
If I knew a bit more about this, I'd work on it myself...

I've got two DEC PCMCIA ethernet cards, both model DEPCM-BA, which are
probed by the ne driver.  One of the cards appears to be a different
revision (rev B01), and the probe reports "enet addr has incorrect vendor
code" "00:00:ff should be 00:00:e8".  (The other card appears to work OK)
When I change sys/dev/pcmcia/if_ne_pcmcia.c to reflect a different enet
addr for the card, it's found, but later is reported as "Where'd the card
go?"

Seems to be some changes necessary to support rev B01;  any chance of some
kind soul fixing this in time for 1.3?  :) :) :)  Or at least giving me
some idea of what to try fixing so I can get it to work for myself?

Thanks,
+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz