Subject: Re: communicator-v403b8-export.x86-bsdi-bsd2 News/Collabra
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/1997 14:31:30
Hi Folks,
	Based on the previous thread mentioning navigator-v403b8 for bsdi2
I pulled that version of Communicator and gave it a try... the navigator
part seems to work correctly, however I am having problems with the news
(collabra) and mail (messenger) sections.

I'm trying to set up an environment to access my work related mail and news
(we use an intranet news service) from home via netscape when I telecommute.

Mail:
	1). Using UW imap4 to talk to my machine at work, I can connect and
read my system spool file, as pulled into a (apparently virtual) mailbox
called INBOX.  However I cannot access my Inbox which netscape (with
movemail) created when I was at work. It reads as zero messages, but in
fact, all the messages I had left unresolved at work are still there (when
checked with good'ol Mail).  Is the workaround to use imap4 at work too?

	2) I've read that the imap4 protocol allows for hierarchical
folders, but when I try to arrange my ~/Mail directory hierarchically,
netscape w/imap4 complains about not being able to make the local imap
directories in hierarchical arrangements...
for it.

News:
	1) When the message center comes up (when I request Collabra /
Discussions) I cannot get my news servers in the list, and I cannot seem to
add them using "New Discussion Server." If I try to simply "Join Groups"
Netscape tries to display a notification/alert, but crashes in the attempt.

Has anyone had/seen these problems?  Any fixes or work arounds?

(If someone is using the bsd11 or freebsd beta versions, or the shipping
linux version and can confirm that these problems do not exist there I'd
appreciate a brief personal reply).

(FWIW, setting envvar MOZILLA_NO_ASYNC_DNS true (as in the README) works to
get rid of that additional, annoying 8M fork of netscape that came with
4.0.)

	Thanks for any help.

	- Scott (srp@zgi.com)