Subject: New ethernet driver - PLEASE TEST
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@chassiron.ensta.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/1997 21:45:12
Hi,
Those tracking sources-changes will have noticed, I commited a driver
for the thunderland network controller chip. Most recent compaq network boards
are build around this chip. The board I actually know are:
		Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX
		Compaq ProLiant Integrated Netelligent 10/100 TX
		Compaq Netelligent 10 T (untested)
		Compaq Integrated NetFlex 3/P
		Compaq NetFlex 3/P w/ BNC (untested)
		Compaq NetFlex 3/P (untested)
		Compaq Dual Port Netelligent 10/100 TX (untested)
		Compaq Deskpro 4000 5233MMX (untested)

those of you who can test on that kind of hardware, please do ! (especially
for the "untesded" ones :). If you know of other thunderland-based products
which are not in this list, please let me know also.

Media autoselect is not supported yet, you have to explicitely select media
via 'ifconfig' (e.g. "ifconfig tl0 media BNC" or "ifconfig tl0 media UTP").
On the untested board, the BNC connector may appear as AUI.
If "ifconfig -m tl0" reports wrong informations, please let me know !

email: bouyer@rp.lip6.fr
       bouyer@ensta.fr